Seafarers Identity Document (SID)
The concept of an Identification system for the seafarers was mooted in 1950 s. Accordingly, the International Labor Organization brought forward the ILO Convention C-108 on seafarers identity documents. India has ratified this convention and issuing a Continuous Discharge Certificate cum Seafarers Identity Document to its seafarers in the shape of a booklet. The entire marine community had felt the need to get a Uniform and reliable identification system for the seafarers resulting in the discussions. The ILO has adopted another Convention C.185 on Biometric Seafarers Identity Document to be given to all seamen.
The new SID has the provisions for the barcoding of the biometrics-based identity of seafarers along with a centralized database maintained in the issuing nation, which can be accessed worldwide through an interoperable & conventional template. India has ratified the Convention and the issuance of Biometric Seafarers Identity Document for its seafarers will be initiated in 2018.
- Before proceeding you must read the general instructions and collect the required documents, for completion of the process.
- To avoid any issues regarding make sure all the entries in your seafarer’s profile are correct and entries such as permanent address and all are visible. If not check out correction to seafarer’s profile here. Make sure your Permanent address and other entries are visible
- Login to the SID portal with your INDOS number and the password.
- Click on the link “Apply for SID”
- Check the personal details in the form and click to continue. Note here all your data is mostly fetched from your seafarer’s profile and hence you cannot make any changes here. So if you find any data improper make sure and get it corrected. Check the correction to seafarer’s profile if needed.
- Mostly the entries which will need to be filled up is your email id and your contact number.
- Fill the address details and other details and click continue.
- Make payment through e-payment portal .
- Submit the application.
- Click on “Schedule Appointment” on the screen to schedule an appointment.
- Select the collection centre along with the date and time from the slots available.
- Your application would be transmitted online to the verification officer, who will check the application.
- Within 10 days of submission of application, you will receive a notification on the verification result of the application through an e-mail.
- You are informed that the fee once paid is non-refundable. Your appointment would be treated as confirmed, only on payment of the fee.
- If you wish to reschedule your confirmed appointment (after payment of fee), same can be done do so for maximum two more occasions (excluding the first appointment). If you reschedule your appointment for more than two occasions, then you will have to pay the fee again. In other words, fee once paid is valid only for three appointments.
- Please report to the collection centre at the appointed date and time. Please bring the printout of the Print report/Acknowledgment report, original passport, original CDC and the copy receipt of payment for verification. Data capturing personal, after examining your documents would return the same and capture your biometric data i.e photograph.
- Once your application is approved you will be issued your SID and same will be despatched to your mentioned address.
- After how many days will I receive my SID?
- Payment done unable to schedule appointments ?
- Payment Failed what should I do?
- My application was rejected?
- How many time can I reschedule my appointment?
- I failed to go on scheduled date but application status saying we have received your application and documents. Now, what to do?
- What Documents are required to carry for the appointment?
Step by Step Guide:
The first Seafarers Identity document was issued on National Maritime Day. For now, there is no compulsion on getting this document but later all seafarers will require this as it is another identity document. The documents required for applying for SID are
- Use your Indos No to sign-in and use the same password as that of your DG profile
- Once you login you will be shown steps to follow for applying for your SID (total of 18 steps)
- Step 1: Click on apply
- Step 2: All your data will be fetched as per your DG profile if you need any corrections to be done click the highlighted area as shown to proceed further or to know how to make corrections to your profile click here. If all your data is correct click continue to proceed further
- Step 3: Check all your personal details fetched and update whichever is required like the email address then click continue to proceed.
- Step 4: Fill in your address details where your SID will be dispatched. Click continue to proceed.
- Step 5: Select all the proper options that apply to you then click continue to proceed.
- Step 6: Go through the declaration and click the checkbox to agree. Then click continue to proceed.
- Step 7: Finally confirm all your filled in details are correct and then click submit to proceed to payment.
- Step 8: A new popup will appear asking your confirmation.
- Step 9: A popup report is generated if popups are blocked on your browser just allow the popup for once on this website. The complete report of your application will look something like this
- Step 10: Now if you click on apply again or application status you will get a screen saying “You have already submitted your application for SID and you can check the status in the application status tab.
- Step 11: Next is to proceed to make payment. Click the Make payment option and pay online using Credit/Debit or Net banking. After successful payment you should return to a screen like this
- Step 12: Once payment is done next is to schedule your appointment. If you apply by today then the earliest available appointment date is in May 2019. Click on Schedule appointment and then you will have to select the centre where you wish to apply.
- Step 13: After selecting the Center you will be presented with the available dates for an appointment. Select your preferred date and scroll down and then click the submit button.
- Step 14: Once the appointment is scheduled then head on to the print acknowledgement link for verifying the status. Also, you can check the application status by clicking on it
This completes your application for SID. Please head on to the address mentioned in your application status on the scheduled date with your Passport and CDC and your photos. If you are unable to make it for your appointment on the scheduled date then as per the instructions mentioned you can cancel and reschedule your appointment for another 2 times. If you still wish to further reschedule your appointment after 2 times then you will have to pay the fees again.
If you wish to read the overall instructions for the application of SID then check them by clicking here. You can check the required documents by clicking here. If for any reasons your application is rejected you have right to know and appeal for the same. Read about your right to appeal. Once your SID card is issued you can verify its status from SID checker.
As of now applying for the Seafarers Identity Document is not compulsory but it will be beneficial if you apply well in advance before it becomes mandatory. If you face any issues or see any problems in the post kindly comment down below in the comments section.
- The SID website will say your application status will be updated in about 15 working days but from all the applicants you can expect to receive your SID in about 3 months from the scheduled appointment.
- Unable to schedule an appointment. The system I guess has some errors leading to this. If you face this issue just wait for 2-3 days prior to booking your appointment. Even after 2-3 days you unable to schedule your appointment then write an email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
- The payment failed and money was deducted. No need to panic. Do not attempt to repay as the amount is not refundable. Log in to your bank account and get your transaction id for the payment also for proof download your bank statement reflecting the fees payment transaction. Write an email to email@example.com mentioning your transaction id and for proof, you can attach the downloaded bank statement.
- Your application was rejected. If you have this issue write email to firstname.lastname@example.org to know the reason for rejection. Also, this happens sometimes due to mismatch of data entered. Hence make sure your seafarer’s profile data is properly updated, else make corrections to your profile.
- In total, you can reschedule your appointment for about 2 times without paying anything extra. If you are unable to attend even after rescheduling after 2 times then you will have to repay the fees and will have to schedule your appointment again.
- Missed your appointment and status showing they have received your documents. Simply drop an email to email@example.com and then reschedule your appointment.
- You need to carry your original Passport and CDC along with the print out of your fees payment reference id and your SID application. The fees payment reference id and other details can be checked in your Print Acknowledgement tab
Contact Details for SID:
For any queries contact the DG shipping at following address.
Directorate General of Shipping, 9th Floor Beta Building,
i-Think Techno Campus, Kanjurmarg (East), Mumbai – 400 042 ( India )
Tel. No. : 91-22-25752040/41/42/43/45 Fax.No. :91-22-25752029/35;
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org